Respected Nassau County Firm Serves Clients Harmed By Medical Negligence
Committed Mineola medical malpractice attorneys seek compensation for injured clients
People who are suffering and in need of medical intervention put a significant amount of trust in healthcare providers. We understand how devastating it is to learn that a medical professional who provided your treatment was undeserving of your trust. At Cassisi & Cassisi, P.C. in Mineola, New York, our lawyers passionately represent people who received harmful medical care on Long Island, in New York City and in Rockland and Westchester counties. Our decades of combined experience give us the skill and confidence to go up against powerful medical institutions and demand just compensation for your injury.
Supportive counselors assert patients’ rights after botched medical care
Physicians owe their patients a duty to provide a certain standard of care, using at least the level of skill, care and diligence that is generally exercised by fellow practitioners in their field of specialization. It is considered medical malpractice when a medical professional breaches that duty through negligence or carelessness and causes injury to a patient. Medical malpractice victims may recover compensation for their resulting damages, such as medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress and decreased quality of life.
The New York statute of limitations generally requires that medical malpractice claims be filed within two year and six months from the date of the malpractice or the date of a completed course of treatment. Patients who learn that a foreign object was left in their body as a result of medical malpractice may file a claim within one year of the object being discovered.
If you suspect you were harmed in an instance of medical malpractice, speak to an attorney at our firm as soon as possible. We will thoroughly assess the details of your case to determine a strategy for holding all negligent doctors and caregivers accountable for your losses. By investigating the circumstances of your injury promptly, we can preserve evidence and testimony that is vital to your case.
Dedicated lawyers pursue positive outcomes for malpractice victims
Irresponsible, reckless or distracted doctors and nurses can wreak havoc on a person’s life. Our firm handles medical malpractice cases involving:
- Misdiagnosis — Many medical malpractice lawsuits stem from a doctor’s failure to correctly identify a patient’s medical condition. A misdiagnosis can result in harmful, unnecessary treatment while helpful, necessary treatment is neglected.
- Birth injuries — Errors made during pregnancy, labor or delivery may cause serious and lasting physical trauma to the child. Brachial palsy, fractures and facial paralysis are among the most common birth injuries.
- Surgical errors — Patients may be given the wrong procedure, doctors may leave tools inside patients and poor surgical technique may cause patients to develop new medical complications.
- Incorrect prescriptions — Some prescription drugs have intense negative side effects or are only beneficial to patients with certain diagnoses. A patient who is prescribed the wrong drug or treatment may suffer immensely or may not obtain any medical benefit.
- Anesthesia issues — A doctor who administers an incorrect dose of anesthesia can put a patient in danger of physical breakdown, enormous pain, post-traumatic stress disorder or, in the worst case, death.
Expert medical testimony is indispensable to success of a medical malpractice claim, providing objective and persuasive evidence that the doctor or caregiver deviated from the established standard of professional care. To build thorough, evidence-backed cases, we consult with authoritative medical experts who can explain the act of negligence and its effects in clear and compelling terms.
Our injury attorneys have successfully represented medical malpractice clients in New York and nationwide for years. We have routinely obtained generous awards for clients.
Contact experienced Long Island medical malpractice attorneys for your free consultation
With more than 50 years of combined experience, the lawyers of Cassisi & Cassisi, P.C. in Mineola, New York represent victims of medical malpractice on Long Island and throughout the Greater New York City area. To schedule your free initial consultation with one of our dedicated attorneys, call (516) 294-5050 or contact us online.