Experienced Nassau County Lawyers Represent Auto Accident Victims
Accomplished Mineola law firm helps injured clients pursue compensation
The aftermath of a motor vehicle collision can be deeply disruptive, affecting victims and their families for years. At Cassisi & Cassisi, P.C. in Mineola, our attorneys draw upon more than 50 years of combined experience to pursue legal recourse on behalf of injured New York drivers, passengers and pedestrians. We work zealously to win you fair and adequate compensation for the losses you suffer. In litigation and settlement negotiations, we assert your right to recover damages for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering.
Determined Long Island attorneys look for evidence of driver negligence
According to recent data from the New York State Department of Health, every year in Nassau County more than 10,000 people sustain auto accident injuries serious enough to require emergency-room treatment and about 1,000 are hospitalized. Crashes can be caused by all kinds of negligence, including:
- Distracted driving — Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of car crashes. Texting, eating and rummaging for a loose item are among the unsafe behaviors that can take a driver’s attention from the road.
- Impaired operation — Drugs or alcohol can inhibit a driver’s mental and physical capacities. A driver may be impaired at the time of the accident even if his or her blood alcohol content (BAC) does not exceed the legal limit.
- Speeding — The faster a vehicle is moving at the time of an impact, the greater the destruction it can cause. Tire tracks, speed cameras and accident reconstruction experts may help prove that excess speed contributed to a collision.
- Poor response to bad weather — Driving in low-visibility or on slick roads requires extra caution. A driver who fails to adjust his or her conduct for bad weather conditions may become a danger to others.
- Mechanical failure — Whether due to a defective part or improper maintenance, an instance of mechanical failure in a vehicle can inflict serious harm on a driver, passenger or occupant of a nearby vehicle.
Car accident injuries can range from minor scrapes and bruises to major, life-altering harm and even death. A victim may be left with a traumatic brain injury, spinal damage, broken bones, burns, internal injuries, significant scarring or another serious condition. Our attorneys are familiar with the types of devastation common to car and motorcycle accidents. We also understand the severity and legal complications of truck accidents.
Trusted New York attorneys explain how fault and liability factor in lawsuits
Under New York’s no-fault system of insurance, a driver who is hurt in an auto accident must first seek compensation for necessary medical costs by filing a claim with their own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. However, if you suffered a serious injury or expenses that exceeded $50,000, you have the right to pursue recovery from any at-fault driver. If this is the case, it is time to contact an injury attorney who can help you explore your options for holding those drivers liable for damages.
Evidence is required to prove fault. Police reports, witness testimony and camera footage can help to paint a clear picture of how an accident occurred and who was responsible. In New York, a driver or another party is financially liable according to their percentage of fault. So if a driver was 75 percent at-fault for your accident, he or she may be ordered to pay 75 percent of your accident-related damages.
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim in New York is three years, so it is best to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. As soon as you retain us as your counsel, we will begin a thorough investigation of your accident and start assembling the proofs needed to establish your claim and to support the damages you may be entitled to.
Contact skilled Mineola auto accident attorneys to schedule your free initial consultation
The experienced auto accident lawyers at Cassisi & Cassisi, P.C. in Mineola, New York help injured car crash victims to pursue monetary awards and settlements. We take on cases throughout Long Island and New York City, as well as Rockland and Westchester counties. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers, call (516) 294-5050 or contact us online.