Focused Mineola Construction Accident Attorneys Represent Injured Workers
Respected Nassau County law firm seek maximum compensation
Construction work is notoriously dangerous, with a higher potential for serious injury or death than almost any other occupation. When accidents occur, the lawyers at Cassisi & Cassisi, P.C. in Mineola, New York help injured construction workers and their families seek financial recovery through workers’ compensation claims and personal injury lawsuits. We represent laborers, tradesmen and skilled workers hurt on construction sites in New York City, Long Island and the surrounding areas. Our goal is to get you the monetary award you need to cover your accident expenses and provide for your family’s long-term care.
Accomplished lawyers pursue justice after serious construction site accidents
Nearly every item, tool and machine on a construction site is capable of causing an accident. Every ladder, walkway, platform or rail has potential to turn into a slip and fall. When a construction site accident results in injury, it is crucial to retain an experienced attorney to advise you on your rights and to pursue recovery of financial compensation. This includes taking immediate efforts to preserve evidence that could be lost or hidden in the aftermath of the event.
Injuries suffered in construction site accidents can be severe and their full impact can be difficult to prove. Common types of injuries and their causes are:
- Paralysis and spinal cord damage — Falls from ladders and scaffolding account for a large proportion of construction site injuries. Significant spinal cord damage or paralysis can result if a worker falls from a platform that is not properly secured or does not have proper safeguards.
- Crushing injuries — A worker who is caught or crushed between two surfaces may experience extensive physical trauma, including fractures, lacerations, nerve damage and organ damage.
- Fractures — A slip and fall or an impact by a moving object may result in fractures to the skull, back or bones.
- Traumatic brain injuries — Falls from heights or being hit by falling objects may cause temporary or permanent brain damage that affects mental and physical functioning.
- Electrocutions and burns — Faulty wiring or exposed caustic materials may cause deep tissue damage, internal injuries, disfigurement or scarring.
Our injury lawyers are well versed in the practices and hazards of construction sites. When a construction accident is fatal, we assist surviving family members in securing all available compensation.
Skillful lawyers demonstrate unsafe conditions on union and non-union sites
Workers’ compensation is the standard way for injured union and non-union workers to get their medical bills and other costs paid. However, this insurance can only cover a portion of lost income after an accident and does not account for the costs of diminished quality of life or pain and suffering.
Workers hurt on New York construction sites may have different legal rights and remedies depending on the cause of their injury and their union affiliation. While some union contracts provide additional rights and benefits to workers, union workers may also be subject to additional regulations. Some unions assist their members with investigations of workplace misconduct while non-union members are generally left on their own in this area.
If your injury resulted from the negligent acts of a construction company other than your own employer, you may have a greater chance of recovering compensation for the total costs of your accident. You can hold that negligent party liable by filing a third-party insurance claim or by initiating a personal injury lawsuit to seek damages. Evidence will be required to demonstrate that the third-party was partially or completely at fault for the accident.
In litigation and settlement negotiations, we skillfully represent union and nonunion workers alike, paying special attention to the particular needs and concerns of each client.
Contact hardworking Long Island construction accident attorneys for your free consultation
The construction accident attorneys of Cassisi & Cassisi, P.C. in Mineola, New York represent workers hurt on Long Island and in the Greater New York City area. We handle personal injury lawsuits and provide dedicated assistance with workers’ compensation issues. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys, call (516) 294-5050 or contact us online.